More images

This page is Under Construction.

Please click on image to enlarge

13 March 1944 Landing Craft Jetty at Dickson Inlet 13 March 1944 Landing Craft Jetty at Dickson Inlet
Port Douglas, QLD. 1944-03-17. The point of embarkation of the 6th division for their invasion exercise (Douglas exercise). A three ton truck, loaded with drums of petrol, is backing up the ramp of a landing barge, no. Ab1161. Port Douglas, QLD. 1944-03-17. The point of embarkation of the 6th division for their invasion exercise (Douglas exercise). A three ton truck, loaded with drums of petrol, is backing up the ramp of a landing barge, no. Ab1161.
Port Douglas 1944, Camp of a unit of 6th division Port Douglas 1944, Camp of a unit of 6th division
Southern Cross, a Fokker_FVII_at Four Mile Beach_Port Douglas_July1932Image Number127076 Southern Cross, a Fokker_FVII_at Four Mile Beach_Port Douglas_July1932Image Number127076
Hamilton’s Store and the Jade Inn Chinese restaurant, Macrossan St, Port Douglas Hamilton’s Store and the Jade Inn Chinese restaurant, Macrossan St, Port Douglas
Aboriginal man and child at memorial for F D A Carstens Port Douglas Queensland April 1957 Aboriginal man and child at memorial for F D A Carstens Port Douglas Queensland April 1957
Aboriginal man dancing surrounded by small crowd, Port Douglas, Queensland, April 1957 Aboriginal man dancing surrounded by small crowd, Port Douglas, Queensland, April 1957
Speechgiving, Port Douglas, Queensland, 13 April 1957. Another Frank Hurley photo of the switching on of mains electricity celebration. Speechgiving, Port Douglas, Queensland, 13 April 1957. Another Frank Hurley photo of the switching on of mains electricity celebration.
Man beside car holding kerosene lamp, Port Douglas, Queensland, April 1957 Man beside car holding kerosene lamp, Port Douglas, Queensland, April 1957
Woman eating spaghetti and man wearing ribbon 'Souvenir of Port Douglas Electricity 13th April 1957', Port Douglas, Queensland Woman eating spaghetti and man wearing ribbon 'Souvenir of Port Douglas Electricity 13th April 1957', Port Douglas, Queensland
Elderly couple with man inspecting kerosene lamp, ribbons read 'Souvenir Port Douglas Electricity 13th April 1957 Elderly couple with man inspecting kerosene lamp, ribbons read 'Souvenir Port Douglas Electricity 13th April 1957
Jetty at Port Douglas, 1955 Jetty at Port Douglas, 1955
Tiger Moth VH ARF crashed on the beach at Port Douglas 1955 Tiger Moth VH ARF crashed on the beach at Port Douglas 1955
Two small planes at Port Douglas airfield, April 1957 Two small planes at Port Douglas airfield, April 1957
Wolseley parked on the beach at Port Douglas 1955 Wolseley parked on the beach at Port Douglas 1955
Woman reading magazine by light of kerosene lamp, Port Douglas, Queensland, April 1957. This is the celebration of the first mains electricity in Port! Frank Hurley, photographer Woman reading magazine by light of kerosene lamp, Port Douglas, Queensland, April 1957. This is the celebration of the first mains electricity in Port! Frank Hurley, photographer
Monument adorned with beer bottles, Port Douglas, Queensland, April 1957. Monument adorned with beer bottles, Port Douglas, Queensland, April 1957.
Ben Cropp’s Shipwreck Museum was opened in 1980 on the Council’s old sugar wharf in Port Douglas Ben Cropp’s Shipwreck Museum was opened in 1980 on the Council’s old sugar wharf in Port Douglas
Jetty Port Douglas, Queensland 1971 Jetty Port Douglas, Queensland 1971
Aerial view of Port Douglas, Queensland 1971 Aerial view of Port Douglas, Queensland 1971
Aerial of Port Douglas in 1992 showing Macrossan and Wharf Streets Aerial of Port Douglas in 1992 showing Macrossan and Wharf Streets
Central Hotel, Macrossan St, Port Douglas in 1986 Central Hotel, Macrossan St, Port Douglas in 1986
Cobb and Co. coach outside the Court House Hotel 1963 Cobb and Co. coach outside the Court House Hotel 1963
Mocka’s Pie Shop, Macrossan St, Port Douglas in 1980s? Mocka’s Pies became world famous because of a secret recipe invented by Mocka’s mum, Belle Cheyne Mocka’s Pie Shop, Macrossan St, Port Douglas in 1980s? Mocka’s Pies became world famous because of a secret recipe invented by Mocka’s mum, Belle Cheyne
Mycumbene, home of Jean and Bart Allen, in Wharf Street Port Douglas in 1968 Mycumbene, home of Jean and Bart Allen, in Wharf Street Port Douglas in 1968
Princes Wharf with the ‘Miss Doreen’, the ‘Martin Cash’ and the first ’Quicksilver’. The wharf was built by Neil Prince and Jim and Jo Wallace in 1979 Princes Wharf with the ‘Miss Doreen’, the ‘Martin Cash’ and the first ’Quicksilver’. The wharf was built by Neil Prince and Jim and Jo Wallace in 1979
St. Andrews Church of England, Wharf Street, Port Douglas. It was demolished in the 1980s to make way for Club Tropical Resort. A new Anglican Church was built in Reef Park St. Andrews Church of England, Wharf Street, Port Douglas. It was demolished in the 1980s to make way for Club Tropical Resort. A new Anglican Church was built in Reef Park
St. Mary's Church at Port Douglas [Cairns Post 23/5/1987] St. Mary's Church at Port Douglas [Cairns Post 23/5/1987]
The ‘Martin Cash’, a former ferry from the Derwent River, Hobart. It was the first boat to make a daily cruise for tourists to Low Isles in 1979, and was owned by Jim and Jo Wallace who went on to form Quicksilver Connections The ‘Martin Cash’, a former ferry from the Derwent River, Hobart. It was the first boat to make a daily cruise for tourists to Low Isles in 1979, and was owned by Jim and Jo Wallace who went on to form Quicksilver Connections
The old sugar wharf in 1983, used as Ben Cropp’s Museum The old sugar wharf in 1983, used as Ben Cropp’s Museum
The Wharf at Port Douglas John Oxley Library neg. 127772 The Wharf at Port Douglas John Oxley Library neg. 127772